E-visa characteristics of and conditions for issuing an e-visa
- An e-visa is only issued for visits to one of the following three regions of the Russian Federation: the Far-Eastern Federal District, or Kaliningrad Oblast, or Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast. An e-visa issued for a visit to one of the three above-listed regions is not valid for visits to other regions of the Russian Federation.
- An e-visa is free. Invitations, hotel booking confirmations or any other documents that confirm the purpose of your journey to the Russian Federation are not required for an e-visa. The time period for issuing an e-visa is no longer than 4 calendar days from the date of submission of the complete application.
- E-visa can be used for entering and leaving the Russian Federation at the following checkpoints at the national border of the Russian Federation in the Far Eastern Federal District, Kaliningrad Oblast, Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast:
- air checkpoints «Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)», «Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo Airport)», «Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo Airport)», «Blagoveschensk», «Khabarovsk (Novy Airport)», «Anadyr (Ugolny Airport)», «Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)», «Ulan-Ude (Muhino)», «Chita (Kadala)», «Pulkovo»;
- naval checkpoints «Vladivostok», «Zarubino», «Posiet», «Korsakov», «Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky», «Kaliningrad (checkpoints in the cities of Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetly)», «Vysotsk», «Big port Saint Petersburg (Marine Station)», «Passenger port Saint Petersburg»;
- railroad checkpoints «Pogranichny», «Khasan», «Makhalino», «Mamonovo», «Sovetsk»;
- automobile checkpoints «Poltavka», «Turiy Rog», «Bagrationovsk», «Gusev», «Mamonovo (Grzechotki)», «Mamonovo (Gronowo)», «Morskoje», «Pogranichny», «Sovetsk», «Chernyshevskoye», «Ivangorod», «Torfjanovka», «Brusnitchnoe», «Svetogorsk»;
- pedestrian checkpoint «Ivangorod».
E-visa is a single-entry visa and issued for 30 calendar days from the date of its issuance. The permitted stay in the Russian Federation with an e-visa is up to 8 days starting from the date of entry, within its validity period.
The e-visa validity period and (or) the allowed period of stay under the e-visa are not subject to extension, except in cases where it is impossible to leave the territory of the Russian Federation due to medical emergency, or force-majeure circumstances, or natural hazards.
ATTENTION! The allowed period of stay in the Russian Federation of up to 8 days under an e-visa does not imply that one can stay for the entire 192 hours (24 hours multiplied by 8). The day of entry and the day of exit are counted as two days. To determine how long you will be allowed to stay in the Russian Federation you can use the visa calculator.
Just remember one simple rule: if you, for example, passed through the passport control when entering on Monday, you must pass the passport control for exit no later than the next Monday. If you entered on Tuesday, you must exit no later than the next week's Tuesday (and so on for each day of the week). In any case you must exit no later than the visa expiry date, even if your period of stay is less than 8 days. For instance, you entered on Monday and the validity period of the visa expires on Sunday: in this case, you must exit no later than Sunday.
- E-visas can be of the following categories only: ordinary business visa (purpose of journey is business), ordinary tourist visa (purpose of journey is tourism), and ordinary humanitarian visa (purposes of journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties). If the purpose of your journey to the Russian Federation does not correspond to any of the above, you should apply for a traditional (non electronic) visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived in the Russian Federation with e-visas issued for the Far-Eastern Federal District are entitled to move freely only within the territory of the constituent entity of Russian Federation (making part of the Far-Eastern Federal District) of their entry. Foreign citizens may only exit from the Russian Federation through border crossing points of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation of their entry.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived in the Russian Federation with e-visas issued for Kaliningrad Oblast are entitled to move freely only within the territory of Kaliningrad Oblast. Foreign citizens may only exit from the Russian Federation through border crossing points of Kaliningrad Oblast.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived in the Russian Federation with e-visas issued for Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast are entitled to move freely only within the territories of Saint Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast. Foreign citizens may only exit from the Russian Federation through border crossing points of Saint Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast.
- You can fill in an application form for an e-visa on this website not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into the Russian Federation
- Indication of date, month and year of birth is mandatory when filling out the application form. If your full date of birth is not specified in your passport, the e-visa application cannot be accepted for processing. In this case you need to contact a diplomatic mission or a consular office of the Russian Federation and apply for a regular visa (not an e-visa).
- If you are traveling with your minor children indicated in your passport, a separate e-visa application must be submitted for each child. All minor children traveling with their parents must have their own e visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you applied for an e-visa. Your passport must have free space for border crossing stamps.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived to the Russian Federation with e-visas are required to have a medical insurance valid in the Russian Federation's territory for the entire period of stay.
- There is no need to apply for an e-visa to enter the Far Eastern Federal District, Kaliningrad Oblast, Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast if you already have a valid Russian visa in your passport. You are allowed to enter the said regions using a regular visa within its validity period with no limitations provided for by an e-visa. An e-visa does not extend the validity period of a regular visa.
- Before you apply for an e-visa you are required to agree to the automatic processing, transfer and storage of data provided in your application for the purpose of the e-visa issuance.
- Your application must contain full and valid data. Any incorrect information, including passport data and photo, could cause revocation of an already issued visa at the national border checkpoint of the Russian Federation.
To obtain an e-visa, follow https://evisa.kdmid.ru/